Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Paint Tube, 6 x 8, oil on canvas




Guess what I have lying around the studio...besides my pups. This was a good painting lesson. For one, the crimps in it were not predictable as they would be with drapery so I really had to study the thing to get it right. Secondly, knowing I was going to write about this, I found I was finally able to put into words why I omit the writing on the object. If it is not necessary, why do it except to practice hand lettering and minuscule details. I am basically a studio artist and I choose to edit a great deal. So even though I painted this from life, I only wanted the impression of the tube, not to convey the brand and all.

I am changing my selling policy now. Prices are down and no bidding involved. If you like it, you can have an original oil painting for $85.

The larger painting is coming along but I am getting too bogged in detail. I need to loosen up a lot more. I'm posting a couple of teasers. I've gone quite a bit farther than this but I don't want to give too much away.


I've intentionally given you a glimpse of the studio. Not really very telling, let me know if you want to see more some time. Lots of people ask to come see it as though it is where the Keebler elves come at night to help me...don't I wish.

No comments: