Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Satilla River


Hey all, I'm leaving tomorrow to visit the Satilla River in southeastern Georgia. "Bony" is turning 80 on Saturday and the whole family will be there! The Satilla is black like strong tea. We boat, fish, play and eat. We all stay in a giant Civil War era house with a wrap around screen porch that has to be about 15 feet deep. Amazingly, even in July the house itself stays somewhat cool without AC. They knew how to build houses then.
I am taking my paints and hope to get a good many small studies done while I am there. The weather should be perfect. I'll post any keeper when I return. I won't have cell service, much less wireless. In the meantime, I'll post another favorite that is available now - see below.

Overpasses
Anyone who has been to Charleston will probably recognize this interchange. It is the confusing path to either get on 17 south towards Folly Beach or get out of Charleston going north. It is also a route to many of the main thoroughfares into downtown. But I love urban scenes and this one had such a great play of light, horizontals and verticals.

No comments: