Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Corkscrew, oil on panel, 6 x 8


This was a still life I set up one evening at the river. This si an old corkscrew, it has rusted quite a bit. There weren't any movable lamps there so I had to paint that under a naked bulb. Strange not working with all the light you need. But after some double checking under good light, I think this turned out pretty interesting.

Broken Sky, oil on canvas, 16 x 20
This one is of Peachtree DeKalb Airport and the sky that day. I've always liked this painting for the foreground, middle ground, and background all being in the bottom third of the painting and the sky is left to carry the rest.

2 comments:

/// said...

Ha--- your comment just MADE my day. And then I come here, and your paintings just made my TOMORROW!

WOWZA! :)

Oil Painter said...

this is one of my favorites.