Thursday, July 17, 2008

Palette Knife, 5 x 10, oil on panel


Please email me if you're interested in this piece.

I feel as though I might actually be back. Truthfully, I was having a hard time finding my rhythm after all the excitement this past month. We're not done cleaning up the mess, but I can finally reallocate time to painting more and more.

I am quite a sloppy painter, I don't like to keep a neat studio. Instead, I move around a lot and play music and dance (no, that won't show up on youtube). Then, the next day I prefer to spend the first hour or so that I am in the studio to straightening up from the previous day's activities. That allows me to find my grove. I also like to have a painting started from the day before so I can launch right in as soon as my paints thaw.

No comments: