Wednesday, October 8, 2008

B&W Cow, 6 x 8, oil on panel


Click here to bid.

I'm getting restless. I've always painted fairly quickly but I have slowed considerable when doing the previous daily paintings. This particular piece is more how I like to paint. I feel a lot more comfortable with the broad strokes and the variety of colors (wait until you see tomorrow's post).
The paintings I did in the 1990's were very colorful and fanciful. They were mostly interiors that I made up in my head. And they sold very well. Then, when I started painting en plein air, my work became more realist and I was really enjoying what I was learning. Now I've reached a point where I want to combine both disciplines.
Tell me if you like this new work. That's part of the purpose of this blog - feedback.

No comments: